Sunday, December 19, 2010

Finals and Family

Oh what a crazy and relaxing week this has been.


This is what happens during finals!
Monday I took THREE finals! I took Book of Mormon and Physical Science before noon :D Then later in the afternoon, I took my Child Development exam.  Monday night was wrapped up with a white elephant gift exchange for part one of FHE followed by going over to a bishopric member's house for FHE with another family.  After we got back I stayed up until 1:30 studying for American Heritage.

Tuesday I woke up and studied a few more hours for American Heritage, then I went and bombed it :P Oh well, it was my last exam and I was over it.  I spent the rest of the afternoon packing and the evening hanging out with a few friends before my grandparents picked me up to stay at their house for the night.

Wednesday I woke up at 5:00 am to two texts from my littlest brother saying how excited he was that I was coming home that evening.  My grandpa took me to the airport and I got on my plane and waited for an hour while they de-iced the plane.  I landed in Detroit and found my mom who also had a layover there at the same time.  After I got to my gate I talked to Jordan before getting on the plane to fly home to Marquette! I flew home and was greeted at the airport by my friends, Meagan, Maria, Dilaine, and Nichole :D We went to Jilbert's to get some ice cream and then I went to watch Hannah at her swim practice.

Here is the sign that my mommy left for me
Hunter and I :)

 Thursday I got the siblings off to school then slept until noon (jet lag and I do not get along well.  It usually takes me 3-4 days before I get used to a time change) and I played the piano for a bit.  After picking them up from school, I went with Hannah and Hunter to see Tangled.  It was super cute :)


Here is my accomplishment of the day.  I relearned "Crush" by David Archuleta

Friday was more of the same.  Hannah had her Candy Cane Olympics for her swim team so my brothers and I went to go watch her swim.  My friend Kelly was also on her team and it was super nice to be able to see him for a few minutes before I left to take Hunter to the Northern v. Tech hockey game.
My little fishy :)
Hunter and I at the hockey game

Saturday was our ward's Christmas party.  It was so fun to catch up with some of my other friends who are off at other schools and just to see the people in my ward :) Marquette definitely is one of the best wards I've EVER been in.

Hannah and I getting ready for the Christmas party

Today I went to church in my home ward.  It was so good to be home! I got asked to play the piano for Primary.  It was so nice to actually play and feel useful again.  I went to go pick up my parents at the airport but their flight got canceled.  Now they are figuring out something to do to get home.  Hopefully I'll see them tomorrow!

No comments: