Sunday, December 5, 2010

Just a Quick, Random Re-Cap

Sorry I didn't write last week but I was not feeling so hot and was so exhausted that I could not stay up to write.

Thanksgiving break was fantastic! I loved spending time with my family :) I ran a 5K and did pretty well considering my ability and the fact that it was 5 degrees when I was running.  I went Black Friday shopping and lost my voice due to the fact that I was out from 11:00pm Thursday night until 5:00am Friday morning.  I could not talk all day Friday or Saturday, and if you know me well you know how hard that must have been for me.  Sunday it snowed! I drove my grandpa's truck down to Provo to attend church in my student ward and then I grabbed my two friends Jordan and David to join me at my family's for Sunday dinner/birthday party for my cousin Madison who turned 12!! It was lots of fun and my family was pretty normal, which was strange...

This week flew by! Monday and Tuesday I did a whole lot of nothing because I was so miserably sick.  I didn't eat voluntarily until Thursday when my stomach actually growled for the first time that week! I was very excited at that fact.  Another thing that made Thursday fantastic was that I got a phone call from a guy and got asked out on a date for Friday night.  So my date on Friday was amazingly fantastic! My date took me to see the Celebration of Christmas which was a concert by the various BYU choirs and the Philharmonic Orchestra.  It was AMAZING! People are so talented and I love watching them share their talents.  My favorite songs were when the orchestra played Sleigh Ride (my favorite Christmas song ever!) and the Women's choir sang Silent Night.  After the concert we went to the Creamery on 9th and got peppermint ice cream.  We were in a very Christmas-y mood as we walked around campus eating our ice cream and just talking.  It was a very fun, nice date :) Saturday I spent a lot of time with Harold (meaning I spent a lot of time in the Harold B. Lee Library) followed by coming home to an empty apartment.  So I hung out with a few friends and had a wonderful evening.  When Heather and I got back to our apartment a little after midnight we decided to have an art party on our kitchen floor until 2:30am.  We then "went to bed" which actually consisted of us lying in our beds in the dark and talking until 5:30am about anything and everything.  Since we were up so late, we slept through our morning meeting :( then I attempted to make rolls for our break the fast and epically failed so we ended up making breadsticks instead and they were quite yummy.  After watching the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional, I Skyped part of my family for a bit before Jordan and David came over for pie.  It was good just to chill and talk with them for an hour or so.  Now I am sitting here typing this wondering how much longer I can keep my eyes open.

This week is my last week of classes! It's even a short week because Friday is a reading day to prepare for exams which means no classes.  The next week is exams and I get to fly home! Since I only have 4 classes, I am taking my exams on the Monday and Tuesday of finals week and then flying home on Wednesday to spend the holidays with my family in Marquette.  When I talked to my sister tonight she was so excited to tell me that it was only 10 more days until I come home! Where has this semester gone?!? It seems like just yesterday it was August and I was starting my first class here at BYU.  It is so crazy how fast time goes by here.  I wish it would slow down just a little bit and that I would take the time to enjoy it a little more.

No comments: