Sunday, December 18, 2011

Finals and Home

I'm alive! I survived finals and made it home safe and sound :)

Monday-I was brave and took 3 finals (even though last year I told myself I would never take 3 finals in one day again) But it wasn't too bad. They didn't go quite as well as I wanted them too but I think my final grades will come out fine.

Tuesday-I had my scheduled Biology final at 7:00 AM! Who schedules a final at 7 in the morning? But it was a lot shorter than I was expecting and I was walking out the door at 8:02. I spent the rest of the day trying to study for History (even though I didn't really want to), taking a nap, playing iPod games with Ben, eating, studying and exhausting my brain. That night, I gave Anna and Ben their Christmas presents :)
The adorable necklace Ben gave me as part of my Christmas present. 

Wednesday-I had my final art interview and took my final History exam and then I was FREE!! It felt so good to be done with finals :D I spent the rest of the day just chilling: reading my book and goofing off online and not feeling guilty about it! It was wonderful :) Ben and I went to Trafalga with his old missionary companion.  We had a lot of fun and went to dinner at DP where I had my first Philly cheesesteak.  It was delicious. On our way back to Provo, Ben and I drove around looking at Christmas lights. We found a few amazing displays. I haven't been driving to look at lights in years. It was a wonderful way to spend an evening.
 Our favorite display we saw :) 

Thursday-I went to work from 9-11 and then hung out with Ben for the rest of the day. I helped him study for his ASL exam and read my book and just chilled.  After dinner, Ben and I went to Redbox and rented Kung Fu Panda 2 (which I had never seen before) and it was great.  I really liked it.

Friday-I got up in the morning and packed before Ben and I went to campus. He had his ASL final and I did some shopping at the bookstore for my mommy.  After Ben's final, we went home and ate.  I finished packing and then we headed over to Ben's to chill until it was time to leave for Highland/Alpine.  We picked up Bridger and ran a few errands on our way up to Highland to drop off Bridge at my grandparents'. Ben and I were then off on a little adventure trying to find my roommate Margaret's wedding reception. Almost 45 minutes after we had originally intended to get there, we finally found it and said hello, grabbed some food and were out the door so we could get up to Salt Lake to watch Ben's nephews.  After surviving crazy traffic and an almost accident ahead of us on I-15, we made it to Amy's house and played with the boys for a while.  Ben made balloons and read books to the two older ones while I held, fed and played with the baby. We put the two big kids to bed and took turns holding the baby until Mike and Amy got home.  We talked to them for a bit and Ben walked me to my car so I could drive back to Highland and go to sleep before my flight in the morning.

Saturday-Woke up and got Bridger up, ate breakfast and we got dropped off at the airport by our grandparents' (thank you Gooma and Goompa!). After a ridiculously long security line, Bridge and I made it through and found our gate without any issues.  I slept for most of the plane ride (which usually doesn't happen) and we landed in lovely Phoenix.  It was really warm as we went to lunch and shopping on our way home from the airport. I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep all day, but I did not.  I bonded with Hannah while our parents went on a date.  I took a nap at 7:30 at night and woke up at 8:00.  We family bonded  around the fire pit in the back yard before coming inside and I Skyped Ben for a bit and then it was off to bed.

Sunday-Sunday family breakfast! Yum :) I went with Bridger to see our Grandma Penny and pick up the truck from her.  We went to church as a family and I got to see my friend Cassandra.  After church, we had a family dinner and played two of our favorite games: Pit and Taboo.  After games, we watched a movie and made plans for the rest of break.  I just finished Skyping Ben and now it is time for bed. :)

No comments: