Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Breakfast Club of 18B


My post this week is all about my "family" and our Breakfast Club. My group of friends and I will occasionally get together on Saturday mornings and have breakfast together.  It is so much fun and a wonderful way to spend time together.   My friends are so totally awesome and I love them so much! I was looking back at my journal for this past week to see what exciting happened, and every night I wrote, I wrote about my friends and how amazingly fantastic they are :)

Let's start with my girlies

First in this picture we have Alex.  Alex is such an amazing person.  She was my first friend that I made at BYU.  I met her during Late Summer Honors and we were pretty much inseparable.  Alex has such a strong spirit and I love being around her.  She always says the sweetest things and helps me put my life back into perspective.  Alex has one of the strongest testimonies that I have ever seen: she puts it into action.  Her testimony helps me strengthen my own and I am so grateful to her for that. :)

Next we have Heather.  Heather is pretty much the best roommate in the entire world! She's not really a new friend (we met and became fast friends when we were 14 at Girls Camp) but she still sort of is since now I get to see her every day instead of every few months.  Heather is a very determined person.  She has a plan and knows how to accomplish it.  She is such a role model to me because I want to be a decisive person with goals and plans on how to accomplish those goals.  Heather is so dedicated and passionate about many different things.  She makes me want to find something that I am passionate about too.  It is so amazing to see the effort she puts into the things that she loves.  I want to be able to do that.

After Heather we have Emily.  I met Emily at a dance my first week of the fall semester.  She was so bubbly and happy, you couldn't not like her :) We became great friends very quickly.  I go to devotional with her every week and we have girl talks probably every few weeks.  She has been a HUGE help to me this semester.  If I ever need something I can always go to her.  Emily is one of the sweetest, nicest, most down to earth people you have ever met in your entire life.  She is an amazing photographer and I love what she captures with her camera.  Her pictures have such emotion and thought in them, it is amazing.  She is doing this thing where she takes a picture every day for a year and posts them with some sort of quote that goes along with the photograph.  It is such a neat idea that I am stealing it and will begin on January 1, 2011 I love Emily so much and am so glad that she is a part of my life.

Last, but most definitely not least, we have Sydney.  Sydney is roommates with Alex and I met her at Late Summer Honors as well.  Her, Alex, and I were inseparable during that week and made some pretty fantastic memories.  I love Sydney so much! We are so similar that whenever I am having a rough time or something is going on in my life, I know that I can talk to her because she is going through or has gone through the exact same thing.  We are so similar that I swear we had to have been separated at birth or something.  Sydney is such a caring individual and can always make me smile.  Wether it's one of her stories or her singing to me, she knows just what to do.  Probably my favorite thing about Sydney is that when she sits next to me in any sort of meeting, she will take my notebook and write sweet little notes to me.  They really do mean a lot.  One of my favorite notes that she has written to me was a day after I was feeling pretty sick.   "Meagan! I hope you are feeling better :) I love talking to you.  Never forget you are a daughter of God.  He loves you. (and I love you too)"

My girls are fantastic.  I can talk to any one of them about anything and they always know just what to say.  I love them so much and we most definitely have a special bond.  I am so glad for their examples; they make me want to be better every day.

My girls are so amazing but my guys are pretty awesome too :)

First up we have Alec.  Alec was my first guy friend that I met at BYU.  He is friends with Alex and one night when she and Sydney came over they brought Alec and we have been friends ever since.  Alec is awesome and is always willing to help.  There have been many times when either Heather or I have called him for help and he is always right over and willing to do whatever.  Alec is a lot of fun to be around.  I enjoy sitting next to him in my American Heritage class.  I am very entertained whenever that happens and he makes the class go by way faster :)

David is probably one of my closest friends at BYU.  We met at the same dance that I met Emily at.  One of the first things I noticed about David was that he was such a gentleman.  He opens doors for all of us girls and is always very nice to all of us :) He is also super smart.  It makes me happy that I have someone who appreciates geeky humor as much as I do.  David is also one of the most helpful people I have ever met.  I can't even count the number of times that he has walked me home from the library when it is dark (it's a long scary walk by yourself from the library to the dorms)  David also goes to devotional every week with Emily and I.  One of the greatest things us girls like to do is sandwich David.  It's pretty much the best thing ever ;)

Oh, Jordan.  That pretty much describes him.  Jordan is one of my favorite people in the entire world.  He is roommates/cousins with Alec and he was the second guy friend I made at BYU.  We met when Heather and I invited Alex, Sydney, Alec and "his roommate" over for dinner our first Sunday at the Y.  Jordan is such an amazing guy.  I talk to him about anything and everything.  He is always willing to come over if Heather or I need someone to talk to.  Jordan is crazy and goofy but is still serious when he needs to be.  He is such a wonderful friend and I don't know what I would do without him.

The best thing about all of my guys is that they hold the Priesthood and are planning on serving missions.  Both of which are so amazing to me.  I love how they worthily hold the Priesthood and are willing to use it.  They are able to do things for me that I cannot do for myself.  I love how they are willing to serve the Lord for two years.  I'm so proud of them and the three of them are such an example to me.  I do not know what I would do if I hadn't met a single one of them.  My life would be much different and I would have gone home a long time ago.

I have also made other friends at the Y too but these seven people that I have written about I spend the most time with and have the most memories with.  We have a very special friendship and I am so grateful to call them my friends.  

No comments: