Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Is Your Name Google? Because You're Everything I'm Searching For"

So that is one of my new favorite cheesy pick-up lines.  It makes me laugh, a lot.

It is sort of applicable to this week I believe because I have searched a lot and have gotten a lot of answers this week.  Some of them I didn't really want but others I'm glad I figured out :)

Since it was missionary week this last week, we were encouraged to participate in a fast on Thursday.  We were supposed to fast for something missionary related.  I had been wondering all week if I was meant to serve a mission when I am 21.  So, for my fast, I had the question "Do I need to serve a mission when I'm 21?" I was thinking about it all day and after my afternoon classes, I packed a bag with my scriptures, journal, Conference talks, my patriarchal blessing and tissues and I went up to the Provo Temple to sit outside (it was a BEAUTIFUL day) and think, study, pray and ponder what to do.  I got my answer :) As soon as I got it, I felt so much lighter.  I was smiling the whole way home and for the rest of the night.  I felt amazing knowing what I need to do with my life.  Prayer and fasting and studying and pondering really are the ways to personal revelation.  What an awesome thing!

Also this week, I figured out (and got answers to) things and situations that were going on between me and various friends.  Some of the answers I got were not the greatest but I'm glad that I got them and am coming around.  In one situation, the answer I got was for the better for the both of us.  Deep down, I knew it was always the answer, but actually hearing it was still sort of a punch in the face.  But that's ok. It's been four or five days and things are going well :)

Sorry this post is so vague...if you really want to know more just ask. I'll tell you.  I like sharing the AWESOME and sometimes crazy experiences that I've had.  But, for some of them, writing about what happened for the world to see just isn't very good.  They're my very personal experiences that are much better told in person :)

I also discovered this week that I've grown so much spiritually this semester.  Being totally immersed 24/7 in the gospel is such a wonderful thing! I do need a break every once in a while but it really is the best thing that's happened to me in my life so far :) I say this so much but it's so true: I'm in the right place at the right time.  I cannot imagine being anywhere else.  I would not be happy.  I have such wonderful friends who make everything better.  I have a Father in Heaven who loves me so much and has blessed me with these great friends and this wonderful opportunity to be here at His university to learn as much as I can.  I'm so lucky to be so close to the Temple.  It's such a refuge and a wonderful place to be.  During testimony meeting today someone said a quote from a general authority (I'm sad I can't remember who said it...).  It said "We see who we really are when we are in the Temple."  It is so true.  Every time I go, I think about the previous week and think about what I could have done to make it better and try to fix my mistakes and be better the next week.  I think the greatest thing I've learned about and come to appreciate more this semester has been the Priesthood.  It is such an awesome gift and I would have gone home a LONG time ago if I wasn't surrounded by young men who worthily hold the Priesthood.  There have been many times where I've called my guy friends or my FHE brothers to come give me a blessing.   They are always over in five minutes, willing and able to give me a blessing.  The Gospel is such an amazing thing.  I feel so sad for those who do not have it, I want to share it with them! I've got such a wonderful life because of it and I want everyone else's lives to be just as amazing as mine :)

No comments: