Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Week of Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a wonderful week this has been spending time with my family and all of our craziness! There is never a dull moment with the Cherry family.

Monday: Well, my family wasn't here yet, but I had FHE! We made turkey cupcakes and had a lovely time :)

Tuesday: My family came! Well, they came to Utah and dropped off Hannah at my apartment and we went to get Jamba Juice with Alex and Sydney followed by a princess party! We watched Ever After and had a lovely time.  After our movie, I drove Alex and Sydney home and continued northward to Highland. Hannah and I got there right as my Uncle Russ and his family was getting there.  We had a fantastic time talking, laughing, eating, cooking, doing the dishes, and being our crazy selves.
Me with Hunter and our cousin Josh who is almost as tall as me! What the heck! :)

Wednesday: A day of shopping with my mommy and my aunts :D The evening's festivities included the opening ceremonies for our Festivus celebration.




 Master of Maui








Bridger and I graced Provo with our presence for a little bit as we gathered our things in preparation for the annual Turkey Trot. 

Thursday: Happy Turkey Day! We started out the day with our Cherry family tradition of running a Turkey Trot 5K. I shaved 4 minutes off my time from last year! And I didn't even train this year! Weird...
 Pre-race
 During race
 Post-race
 Bridger and his walker
 Happy to be done! I finished 18th in my division :D

We got home and took turns moaning and groaning and stumbling to the shower.  Some of us took naps while others helped prepare dinner and then: the feast. Dinner was wonderful and the conversation was fantastic.  I got teased endlessly after dinner as we sat around the table waiting for our food to digest and make room for dessert. And I loved every minute of it. Then I participated in the post-dinner nap and football game viewing. After getting tripped over (I was sleeping on the floor) I woke up and a few of us went to the park to play football.  After our game, some of us went to see the new Muppet movie.  It was so cute and I loved it. After the movie, Festivus continued and we talked and laughed and just enjoyed each others' company.
My dad, Bridger and Maggie pre-feast napping
My spot at dinner.  Yes my name card is spelled wrong (but that's ok because I'm used to it) and yes I am drinking out of Ben's cup from last time he was here. 

Friday: No Black Friday shopping for me! (A first in many years!) We went bowling in the morning. I killed everyone with my 132 and 171 (my best score ever!) and then we partook in another Cherry family tradition: lunch at Weinerschnitzel. Yum. I haven't eaten there in a very long time.
 Hannah, Emily and Marley modeling their florescent facial hair. 
 Hunter and Russ really liked my hat. 
After lunch, we meandered back to Gooma and Goompa's house and sort of chilled for a bit before I went shopping (again!) with my mom and Aunt Colleen. After our shopping adventure, we met up with the rest of the clan at Crown Burger in Salt Lake (yes, another Cherry family tradition.  Do you notice how most of our traditions revolve around food?) and then we went to see the lights on Temple Square.  It was wonderful spending time with my family and we haven't all been to see the lights since I was a very small child.


Aren't my grandparents adorable?
My part of the family.
The Montana Cherrys


Bridger and Marley
Me and Hannah



I love the look on Mitchell's face as he was telling me about Baby Jesus. 
Striking poses on Temple Square.

Saturday: The final day all of us were together.  My mom took Bridger and I grocery shopping.  Now we know that Bridger actually has food and will actually eat. I got some other things that I needed and we packed the car and sent off my family and the Montana Cherrys. After a dinner of crackers and treats (I was in a grazing mood), I helped Gooma and Goompa set up their Christmas tree and decorate their house for Christmas.  I absolutely love helping them out.  I don't get to set up or decorate for Christmas at home anymore so I am grateful my grandparents let me help them. :) We didn't get to the outside lights this year, but the inside looks gorgeous.
 Jean Claude and Harold dutifully guard the fireplace. 
The tree!
Sunday: I slept in (until 9:00!), the latest I've slept in all week! And I went to my grandparents' ward. We had an...um...interesting sacrament meeting.  It was a farewell for a sister missionary and she was a very interesting speaker.  Her message was wonderful, the execution of the message was, well...not my cup of tea (I mean hot chocolate ;).  Sunday School we had a great lesson on trials that I really enjoyed. And Relief Society was Relief Society.  Non-Singles Ward Relief Society is not my favorite thing in the world, but it was pretty good today.  I didn't come home ranting my opinions, so I consider it a good day. :) We had dinner at my Aunt MaryAnn's and a birthday party for my cousin Madison. Food was delicious. The company was wonderful.  And I was happy :) I came back to good ol' Provo and bonded with McKensey and Emily while I unpacked my stuff. We went to Ward Prayer, set up the Christmas tree and then I went over to Ben's. :)

Now to get ready for a killer week.  Hopefully I'll make it out alive.

No comments: