Sunday, November 6, 2011

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Winter is here! With multiple snowfalls this week and one that actually stuck overnight, I am so ready for the holiday season and for SNOW! (Who thought I would ever say that after living in Marquette for six years...)

Let's start with Monday

  • Happy Halloween! It was a gorgeous day so after work, Ben and I walked to his house and did homework in his backyard in the beautiful fall weather.  After which, we made dinner and continued in our homework escapades. My roommates reversed trick-or-treated us by coming over and bringing us candy.  It was a great Halloween :)



Tuesday
  • Happy November! 
  • It snowed! (It didn't stick, but it snowed!) 
  • Devotional. Was. AMAZING! President Monson spoke AND he quoted Lion King in his talk. It was the highlight of my day. 
  • Ben and I have officially been dating for a month so we went out to dinner at Zuppas.  Delicious.  It is one of my favorite places to go eat.  
Wednesday
  • Ben and I went on a double date with his little sister Anna and Bridger.  We went bowling and had a lot of fun :) 


Thursday
  • I had a wonderful, much needed, roommate night. One of the girls in our ward does Mary-Kay so she came over and gave us facials and we had a fantastic night.  We all felt really pretty and our hands and faces were so soft! 
  • Also! Emily got asked on a date :)

Friday
  • Friday was a pretty chill day.  I took a New Testament test after I got Jamba Juice with Alex and Sydney after work (Where I made a HUGE stack of books that I scanned.  I won for the day).  I called my mom and talked to her on the way home and for a good while after. After that, I got some homework done before making German pancakes for dinner.  After dinner, Ben and I made cookies at his house and watched The Incredibles.
See? There was still a book or two that I couldn't stack in fear of toppling the tower. 

Saturday
  • I woke up at 8:00 and got my laundry started! Woohoo!
  • A  little before 10:00 Ben, Emily and I went to the church to clean it.  I had to bring Emily back around 11:00 so she could practice her flute piece with her accompanist and then I went back to the church.  We finally left around 12:30.
  • Ben and I ate a gourmet lunch of Pasta Roni that I prepared even with a microwave failure. 
  • Emily and I went grocery shopping and I found a gluten-free cookie that looked delicious so I bought it and took it over to Anna on our way home. 
  • After we unloaded the car and put away our groceries, I folded and put away my laundry and helped Emily with some job application stuff.
  • By the time all of that was done, it was 4:00 and I still hadn't started my Crusades paper for my history class.  So, I took a power nap.  Followed by cranking out an almost 3 page paper in an hour and a half. 
  • Dinner was prepared by the lovely Miss Emily and I actually ate the vegetable that was served! (A shock to all of those in the apartment)
  • Ben and I went to the Women's volleyball game.  We won! I absolutely loved watching.  It made me miss volleyball a lot.  I wish I could practice and get decent again.  I love playing but I am so out of practice...
Sunday
  • I woke up this morning to snow covering cars and roofs and the grass. 
  • I smiled and turned on Christmas music :D
  • I also decorated the apartment with Christmas stuff. I am soooo ready for the holidays.
  • In ward choir we practiced a song for Thanksgiving as well as CHRISTMAS SONGS!!
  • Church was amazing. I love Open Mic Sundays.  
  • The roomies and I, along with Ben, went to the CES fireside by President Packer.  It was a great fireside.  How awesome is it that I have had the opportunity to hear from two general authorities in the last week? Only at BYU and only at this time in my life.  I am so lucky :)
  • After ward prayer, I went over to Ben's and played the piano.  It was wonderful to play again.  I should do it more often.
  • Now I sit, finishing this post and will soon jet off to bed so I can get enough sleep to start another crazy week in the life of me.  



No comments: