Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Semester

The new semester is underway and it looks like it is going to be a great one! I'm taking 18 credits and working 14 hours a week but I think it is doable.  We shall see how it goes.

Monday: I spent my last day in Mesa with my family.  It was 80 degrees when we left Phoenix :( My grandparents picked me and Bridger up from the airport and took us to their house where we talked and ate some cake before Bridger and I loaded up my car with our stuff and drove down to Provo.  Ben actually got into Provo at the same time we did so I was able to see him which was very nice :)

Tuesday: Ben and I had breakfast together before he went to work and I did a ton of things at my apartment that needed to be done: dishes, going through my closet and making DI bags, unpacking, de-decorating the Christmas stuff, re-decorating with non-Christmas stuff, making a grocery list, etc. I also got my books with Anna and we met up with Ben after work and we all found our classes on campus.  After that, we took Ben's car to a tire place to fix Gus's tire.  While it was getting fixed we took my stuff to DI and gave my car a bath. We took Gus back to Ben's house and were finally able to go grocery shopping.  After dropping off Anna, Ben and I unloaded our groceries and ate dinner and just had a chill night before our first day of classes.

Wednesday: First day of school! First day of school! I started with my only 8:00 class of the week. It is supposed to be 3 hours long but luckily, our professor wasn't there on the first day so class was cut very short. So I went to the library where Ben was working on TA stuff, and did the homework for that class. I had another class from 11:00-12:30 and after that I was able to go home and finish up some of my readings and I finally organized my filing system.  It has been awful the last year or so; it was much needed. I ate dinner with Ben (we didn't do dinner group this week) and then went to my really late class from 6:50 until 9:30.  Luckily, I found out, this class is only 10 weeks long so I should be done with it the first week of March.

Thursday: I think Thursdays are going to be my favorite days this semester.  I start out the day with my Marriage Prep class at 9:00.  My professor is fantastic and I am super excited for this class. After Marriage Prep, I go to work from 10:00-2:00 and then I have my El. Ed. Dance class.  My teacher seems pretty cool and I am very excited! I get to dance again!! I got done at 3:20 and waited for Ben who got done at 4:00 and we walked home.  That night, we went to the women's basketball game (we totally dominated!) so I could finally claim my free Blue Crew T-shirt. There were absolutely no people there.  But it was still fun to go watch.

Friday: I don't have class or work! Woohoo! I went to campus with Ben and did my homework while he worked on his TA stuff and I returned some books while he went to class. Since neither one of us really had any homework and the weather was gorgeous we went to Trafalga and played mini-golf outside. On our way home, Ben got a text from Gordy inviting us over for games and ice cream. After we ate dinner, we headed over there for a rousing game of Scrabble and delicious ice cream and brownies.  We watched My Favorite Blonde and it was good. I really liked it.  Gordy and Ben are definitely related. They both fell asleep during the movie and were out.


Saturday: I slept in! It snowed! Ben and I went to the Temple and had a lovely time. We ate lunch and Ben did some homework. Then we built a snowman! It was so much fun :) We went to Ben's friend's wedding open house in Spanish Fork followed by a left-over dinner and movie and ice cream and hot cocoa.


Sunday: Sunday was great! It was nice to be back in my ward again.  After church, Bridger, Ben and I went up to Highland for dinner at my grandparents'.  The food was delicious and it was great seeing my grandparents, aunt and cousins again. After dinner Ben and I went up to Salt Lake to Amy's for a little birthday get together for her.  It was fun to see Mike and Amy and those sweet, adorable, boys.  (Oh, and it was good to see Anna, Brooke, and Gordy too :) I got to hold Bradley, Aaron attacked me with his dinosaur that he told me was pretend so I didn't have to be scared and Max just sat on my lap and let me help him read scriptures and let me read him a bedtime story.  It was such a wonderful night.

No comments: