Saturday, October 16, 2010

La Familia

This week was an ok week, not amazing but it could have been a whole lot worse.  The weekend was the best part of the week by far :) I had one class on Friday that was over at 10 and then I went to the Temple.  Apparently I picked an even more popular time to go that usual.  I left my dorm at 10:30 and was back at 1:00.  I went by myself but it was really nice and did not seem like that long.  It was wonderful to reflect and think about what had gone on that week.  I realized some things that I need to do in order to have a better semester and to be happier :)

I got home from the Temple and found a package from my mommy in the lobby of my hall and I also got a letter from a missionary in the mail the same day! It was very exciting :D Later that afternoon my grandparents came to pick me up to spend the weekend at their house.

So I LOVE my family so much! I'm sad that I don't come see them more often but I am going to try to come see them more often :D.  There are a few things you need to know about my family:

1) We are LOUD! If you're looking for a quite afternoon or a nice evening at dinner do not come with us :) We are crazy, obnoxious and oh so loud but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

2) We like to tease.  If you can't take a joke you will not fit in and will have a miserable time.  I realized how much I miss my family's teasing.  No one at school teases me and if they do it's just not the same.  That is how we show we love each other: through teasing and joking around.  Our common term of affection is "dork" So if I call you a dork, I don't mean it offensively.  I say it out of love ;)

3) We love being together.  Family gatherings are always fun.  Everyone is screaming and yelling and running around.  It's great :) We play games, shoot rockets, shop, talk, joke, and just goof off.  Favorite past times include short sheeting each other's beds, playing Pit and "Book of Mormon Thumps", sleeping, cooking and baking, eating, shopping, doing the "whipped cream in the hand and tickle the nose with a feather" thing while people are taking naps, and just sitting around the table with desserts and milk talking and telling funny stories about life's adventures.  I love it when I sit with my parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents and they tell me funny stories about each other when they were younger.  My favorite is hearing about my dad and the "cool" things that he did when he was a teenager.

4) We know how to party.  Ok so not really.  We know how to party like Cherrys and it's great :D We definitely have our own definition of a good time but it's all I've ever known and I LOVE it.

5) Everybody, ok so a majority, of my family's names start with the letter "M" It is very confusing when you are trying to call someone because you have to go through a list of about 8 or 9 people long before you get to the person you want.  My name is Meagan (obviously) and I have an Aunt MaryAnn.  Her children's names are Madison, Morgan, Marley and Mitchell.  My grandparent's used to have a dog named Molly and I have another cousin whose name is Emily but she goes by Em or Emmie.  We have a lot of M's.  It gets crazy but we all laugh because no one can remember anyones name.  But when I get married and have a family, I will not name my children with a name that starts with M.  I don't know if we could handle another generation of M's ;)

My family is crazy and loud and ridiculous but I love them with all my heart.  I do not know how I would survive without them.  I'm glad I went "home" this weekend.  I needed a good dose of teasing and Cherry humor.  I'm so glad that my grandparents and my parents and my aunts and uncles have been married and sealed in the Temple.  We can be together forever and it will be awesome! When I get married it will definitely be in the Temple so that the family that I have will be able to stay with me through eternity.  My family plays a huge part of my life and it is so great.  Family is really one of the greatest blessings ever given. Amo a mi familia.  (That's "I love my family" to you non-Spanish speakers ;)

No comments: