Sunday, March 27, 2011

Closing In

I can see it! I can finally see the end of the semester! Just three more weeks of classes and one week of finals and I will have completed my freshman year! How crazy is that?

This last week has been great (as usual :) filled with more birthday celebrations and homework and studying and friends.

Monday~I made myself sick studying for my Civ. midterm.  Note to self (or anyone else): Sleeping for a few hours followed by studying for a few hours all night is a BAD idea.  Don't do it.  It's not worth it :P

Tuesday~I got my box of birthday presents from my family! I got the cutest jacket and jewelry from my mommy, an adorable scarf from Hannah, Inception from Hunter and Apples to Apples from Bridger.  It was a great day :) I also went out to dinner with my childhood friend, Tyler.  We went to Los Hermanos, one of the restaurants our families went to together when we were younger.  Our birthdays are four days apart, so Tuesday night was the half way point between our two birthdays which is why we went out to eat.  Tyler reminds me so much of my dad it is ridiculous!  It was so great to catch up with him and talk about our futures and what we will be doing in the next few years.  I told him multiple times that night that we are too old for him to be going on a mission.

I opened up my box and it was PINK! It made me really happy :)
Here is a picture for my Mommy so she knows how cute all of the stuff she got me was :)
I LOVE these earrings.  I wore them to dance on Wednesday and while we were doing the cha cha they were really loud and fun :)


Wednesday~I officially finished my Physical Science class.  I locked myself in a reserved study room in the library and studied for two hours before taking the final.  I finished that stupid final at 10:15 pm and was wiped out.  My friend David was kind enough to walk me home from the library that night.  After I got home I passed out and went to bed.

Thursday~I went to lunch with Emily at the Creamery and did homework and laundry.  A very exciting day I know.  I also watched the BYU basketball game.  We lost :( I even busted out the double pom poms and it was no use.  After the game, I ate a bowl of ice cream and life was slightly better.

Friday~I went to a university forum by Mark Zuckerberg (the founder of Facebook) with my friends Emily, David, and Jordan.  It was so fantastic and very interesting.  He is a pretty chill, down to earth guy.  On our way back to the dorms from the Marriott Center, it was SNOWING really, really hard.  As soon as I got back to my apartment, I blow dried my hair, jeans and feet.  And to think I almost wore sandals that morning...Later that night, I went to a Tri-ward neon dance.  It was a lot of fun.  It was sort of funny because most of the night I was the only girl in our dancing circle which consisted of Jordan, Alec, David and one or two of their various roommates at any given time.  Every once in a while another girl would pop in but wouldn't stay for long.  It was so much fun and I had a blast dancing with my guy friends.  They really are the best :)

This is what my hair looks like after a 7 minute walk in the SNOW :(
Me with Jordan and David at the neon dance.  
(LOOK HOW SHORT I AM!! Isn't if fantastic? ;)

Saturday~I slept in really late.  I must have been really exhausted.  After doing some homework and goofing off, I went to Emily's ward's talent show with David.  It was really funny and very good.  I am amazed with people and their talents.  After the talent show, David, Emily, and Westin came over to watch Inception.  It was so great! After the movie, we talked until curfew with lots of mind blowing questions.

Sunday~Another Open Mic Sunday in the BYU 68th Ward.  For the first time in a while, we didn't go over! After Sacrament meeting, I left to go up to my grandparents' for dinner.  My uncle was there recovering from a surgery he had earlier in the week.  I LOVE talking to my Uncle Russ.  He is so funny and teases me a lot.  But the way he teases me, makes me laugh at myself.  I always end up crying from laughing so hard.  He drove me back to campus and we had a really good talk.  He told me things I needed to hear and really made me think about where my life is currently going and where I actually want it to go.  I love my uncle so much and I am so glad that he is part of my family.  I am so grateful for him and the advice that he gives me.

No comments: