Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference

Another week has come and gone filled with sunshine, friends, the end of mid-terms, homework, family and General Conference.

Tuesday night Emily and I went to David's orchestra concert. It was really good and fun to go to.  The ice cream after was the icing on the cake for a great night.
This picture I think describes our friendship quite well. :)

Thursday afternoon I was very excited to go to the Temple.  It had been a while since I had gone and the weather was BEAUTIFUL! I had such a great time just being by myself and thinking.  After doing baptisms, I went outside to read the Book of Mormon.  It was so gorgeous and such a great afternoon. 

Friday I went on an extra credit field trip for my science class with my friends Erin and Kamree.  The weather again was beautiful so I was wearing shorts for the second day in a row! After our field trip, we got ice cream to celebrate the official end of that class.  It was great to catch up with those girls.  They are so much fun. We will be major buddies for the next few years. :)


Saturday morning, Emily came with me and my mom to go to General Conference.  It was so much fun and there were so many great messages shared and beautiful music played.  It was Emily's first time and I was so glad that she was able to spend time with me and my family. 
We found this yummy place for lunch called the Blue Lemon to eat at in between conference sessions.  Emily told me and my mom that she wanted a picture of us.  This was our first reaction. Can you tell that we are mother and daughter?


Me and my mommy in front of the Salt Lake City Temple.  Almost exactly 21 years ago, my mom and dad were married there for time and all eternity.  I am so glad that they made that choice :)

I love this girl so much! Emily is my best friend and I am so glad to have met her back in September.  She has helped me so much and been such a great friend to me over these last two semesters.  I'm going to miss her a TON this summer and I can't wait to be roommates with her next year (and hopefully for years to come :)

The rest of Saturday night, I spent with my family.  I love them so much! Sunday was great just hanging out at my grandparents' house with my family, chilling and watching  Conference.  And, of course, cooking, baking and eating: three of our favorite things to do together :)

2 comments:

Ange said...

I love the pictures of you and your sweet momma. I am going to miss your family SO MUCH! Also, your purple (or is it periwinkle? :) dress is SO CUTE! You look fabulous!

Meagan said...

Thanks Angela! I love my purple dress too. It was only $7 at Down East Basics. A total steal which makes it even better :D