Sunday, April 10, 2011

Family Bondage

This week my family was here! It was great spending time with them :)

Monday Bridger came to classes with me and my friends followed by the necessary golf cart tour of campus with my parents.  After that was done, we headed up to American Fork to pick up Hunter and Hannah so we could go to dinner at Rodizio Grill.  It is one of my favorite restaurants ever! Their pineapple is my favorite, it melts in your mouth and you can't help but smile as you eat it.  Hunter teased me about of the waiters there.  Hunter was really sad that we had cloth napkins because he wanted me to leave my number. It's a "classic." Oh the humor of 13 year olds...

Tuesday my mom came to devotional with me and my friends.  After, we went to the MOA and the Brick Oven for lunch, followed by an afternoon of shopping.  We met up with Hannah and the boys for dinner at P.F. Changs (another fantastic restaurant). When I got back to campus, I headed over to the library for an hour in my study room then I went over to the Periodicals to finish up another assignment, only to find Jordan there.  After attempting to finish our homework, Jordan walked me home and I went to bed.

Wednesday was my catch up/get ahead day.  With my family being here, I usually didn't start my homework until about 9:00 at night.  I don't do well working on homework at night.  So, Wednesday I caught up on the stuff that I had been not putting much effort into and I tried to get a little bit ahead.  After my long day on campus, I ran into Emily on the way back to the dorms.  We were both headed to the Creamery so we got ice cream together :) I picked up some groceries, came home to make cookies and eat a quick dinner before jetting off to see Harold for a few hours.  When I got back from the library, I actually felt that I had accomplished things.  My check list of things to do was basically done.  Later that night, I took some of the cookies that I made over to Emily, David, Jordan and Alec.  I was able to talk/hang out with Jordan and David in their lobby for a while and that was nice.  That doesn't happen too often and it made my night :)

Thursday I had my Spanish class at 8:00 and got my Book of Mormon homework done before my mom came to pick me up so I could go have a physical done for my summer internship.  I'm pretty sure I passed... ;) They had to cut a chunk of my hair out to test for drugs so now I have a bald spot but luckily I have thick hair that isn't super short so you can't even tell.  I got blood drawn for the first time and I discovered that I am totally fine with needles as long as I don't look at what they're doing to me.  Apparently I have a really healthy heart and a low heart rate.  I was asked by the doctor and the two nurses if I was a long distance runner or a swimmer.  I think they were kind of shocked to hear that I don't do anything.  That's bad.  I really do need to start doing something.  Hopefully this summer I'll start running again and I'm thinking about picking up swimming too.  Anyways, after my physical, I had the car so I drove on I-15 for the first time in my life! It actually wasn't that bad from Sandy to Point of the Mountain.  Once you get into Utah County, I-15 is gross.  I survived and made it to my grandma's in one piece :) I had a date with Hannah that afternoon.  We went to the Creamery for lunch and ice cream followed by meeting Jordan, going to the MOA, the ESC and the Bean Museum.  That night, we went to Tempanyaki for dinner.  That is also a very fun restaurant to go to.
Here we are at the MOA.  This was such a fun exhibit.  Both Hannah and I had a blast playing here :)


Here is Hannah with her brother Hunter ;)

And Beto at dinner with his alien balloon hat.  The alien's name is Jim. 


Friday I went to Spanish and took my final oral exam before going to my Civ class only to find it was canceled :D So, I picked up some Jamba Juice for me and Hannah and I drove up to Highland (on I-15 again!!!) to spend the day with my family.  My mom helped me with my taxes (I'll be able to pay for books in the fall!) and I just sort of hung out with my brothers for the rest of the afternoon.  That evening, my mom took Hannah and I to dinner and then we went to the BYU Ballroom Dance Company Concert.  It was so good! The dancers were amazing.  The set was amazing.  The music and the costumes were also AMAZING! It was a lot of fun :) My mom took us back up to my grandparents' and I spent the night with them.  A lot of it was goofing off with my brothers: wrestling, poking wars, hug attacks, pranks, etc.
Hunter took Uncle Dave's driver and we hid it with Harold The Nutcracker that lives in the closet.  I took a picture on my phone and sent it to him in a text message.  He called me a dork :)

Saturday morning my mom woke up Hannah and I said good-bye to them as they left for the airport.  Then my dad came to wake me up telling me that we'd be heading for Provo in a few minutes.  I got dropped off at my apartment at 8:00 am and proceeded to watch two movies before showering/getting ready and packing for a little bit.  David and Alec came over and we went to Emily's flute recital.  I got to meet her mom and sister and cute nephew.  They are all very sweet, just like Emily :) After her recital, I went to the library to write two of my three papers.  I returned to my apartment and watched  movie with Heather.  David and his roommate, Andrew, came over at 8:00ish and we watched another movie.  I left part way into it to go hang out with Emily.  We had so much fun with her roommates.  I love that apartment so much.  They let me hang out with them lots :) We jumped and danced on the beds that were on the floor before settling down to watch one of the cutest movies I have ever seen: "Meet Me In St. Louis" It was ADORABLE!! After some Youtube clips, I left to go home and go to bed.  Much to my surprise, David and Andrew were still over.  Luckily it was almost curfew, so I watched the end of whatever they were watching before the guys left.

Sunday I was supposed to go to a Spanish ward with a girl from my class for extra credit in my Spanish class but she overslept so we ended up not going.  But my ward was great! Brad Wilcox taught our Sunday School lesson and it was amazing.  He is such a great speaker and teacher.  After church, I went to my grandparents' for dinner again ;) I LOVE spending time with my family.  They make me very happy :) Now all I have to do tonight is wait for a phone call. It is already after 10:00 so I don't think that's going to happen, but you never know with this person...

No comments: