Sunday, April 17, 2011

Home Stretch

This was my last week of classes and the start of my finals! By Monday, I will officially be DONE with my freshman year at BYU! How crazy is that?!?

Monday~For FHE we watched Midway to Heaven.  Easily one of the cheesiest movies I have EVER seen.  But, it was as if I was watching my life unfold in front of me.  It is basically about a girl bringing home her boyfriend to meet her dad.  I swear, this is EXACTLY what is going to happen when I bring my boyfriend home.  The dad in the movie reminded me so much of what my dad is like.  Another happy thing about Monday: I saw Emily, David and Alec on campus.  It always makes you smile when you unexpectedly see your friends on campus =)

Tuesday~LAST DAY OF SPANISH CLASS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!! I love Spanish, just not the class so much.  I also went to the end of the year "Unforum" that was held instead of the traditional devotional.  It was a lot of fun.  I also went with Jordan to Emily and David's University Band Concert.  It was really good.  My friends are very talented.  After the concert, Jordan walked back to the dorms with Emily and I.  Talking about how girls walk in heels and how Emily and I walk weird were topics of conversation from the HFAC to Jordan's dorm.  After Jordan went home, Emily and I got ice cream to celebrate.  Then we went over to her apartment and continued celebrating with her roommates. I LOVE those girls so much.  They are all so sweet and are so loving and I am so grateful to them for letting me come over and crash whenever =)

Wednesday~LAST DAY OF CLASSES!! I saw Jordan, Alec, and David each twice on three separate occasions.  Again, it always makes me smile =) I went to my childhood friend's wedding reception.  It was great to see her and her parents and sister.  Crazy to think that it was probably 12 years ago that we met and played together every day.  Now she is married! Her mom told me that I need to be watching out, I could meet my boy next week...very weird.  I went to the reception with my other childhood friend who I haven't talked to much (even though we both go to BYU).  After the reception the two of us went to a study room and attempted to study.  I wasn't getting much done so I called Jordan and asked him to come walk me home from the library.  Luckily he was kind enough to do so.  I have the best friends ever! After Jordan and I watched some of Whose Line is it Anyway? I baked peanut butter muffins (it was after midnight by the time they were done)
Exams and studying do lovely things to me.  Can't ya tell?


Thursday~Probably one of the greatest days I have had in a really long time.  First off, we had our final complete Breakfast Club meeting for over two years! It was so much fun goofing off and eating and talking and joking and everything with my friends.  I really don't know how I was lucky enough to be blessed with such great friends.  After cleaning up from Breakfast Club, Jordan and I went to the Temple.  Let me just say, it was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had.  Jordan was able to confirm and baptize me and it was just so amazing.  I turned around to thank him after the baptisms and he had the BIGGEST smile on his face, which in turn only made me smile bigger.  After the Temple, Emily and I (along with two of her roomies, Chelsea and Morgan) went to the Cocoa Bean to get cupcakes.  Let's just say it is probably bad that it is so close to our apartment next year: we will be making many more trips there in years to come.
I LOVE my Breakfast Club! I am going to miss doing this with EVERYone but we'll just have to wait a few more years to have a complete group again =)

You can tell a lot about us and our friendships solely based on this picture.  I love it =)

Emily and I on our way to get CUPCAKES!!

Emily's is in the back.  She got a chocolate raspberry cheesecake cupcake and I got a "Better Than Whatever" cupcake.  It was delicious!


Friday~I had a lunch date with an RM who served in my home ward for a really long time.  We hadn't seen each other since I the summer before my Senior year so it was great to catch up! It was really fun.  I am kind of sad that I broke my non-RM-dating streak but I am glad it was broken with this guy.  We are planning on hanging out more in the fall when I'm back at the Y.  After lunch, I cranked out a 7 page paper that is due on Monday.  That evening, I watched a movie with Emily and we went to get ice cream.  I love that girl so much.  I am so blessed to have her as my friend.

Saturday~I had a Book of Mormon review followed by a walk to our apartment for the fall with Emily.  I sold my books back to the bookstore (I got over $100!!) and tried to study a little bit for my BoM and D&C exams on Monday.  I got back from studying and Skyped with mi familia before Jason came over for our date which consisted of dancing and watching Tangled.  It was really fun and just a great way to chill and unwind from exams.  It was probably the last time I will see him until he gets home from his mission (he hasn't even gotten his call yet!)

Sunday~Today was a bittersweet day.  I LOVED my ward this year.  But it is finally hitting me that all of this is coming to an end.  I had dinner with some of the people from my FHE group tonight and it was just so much fun.  I have made so many friends and have so many people who have helped me in this ward these last two semesters.  I was proud of myself for getting up to bear my testimony today at church.  That very rarely (if ever) happens.  I love the Church so much and I am so glad for the opportunity to have attended the BYU 68th Ward.  I was meant to be there.
The last BYU 68th Ward in the history of the world.  I have come to love these people so much.  They really have been my family for the last 8 months.  

No comments: