Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tribute to Elder Lambert

*This WAS written the night David got his call but I didn't have internet to post it and I kept forgetting to post until tonight. SORRY!*

The last of my super close guy friends opened his mission call! Elder David Lambert is going to the

Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos Mission!
He is reporting to the Brazil MTC on September 14 and will be speaking Portuguese.


Crazy to think how all of these guys who are my age are going all around the world to share the Gospel with people who need to hear it.  I guessed that David was going to Canada.  Boy was I off.  I figured that out of my four close friends who have received their calls, my record is 1.5 out of 4.  For Tyler, I guessed Mexico or Southern California, but he is going to Russia.  Alec I guessed Spanish speaking and he is going to Tijuana (this is my half correct).  Jordan is going to Atlanta, Georgia and my guess was state side.  And David is not going to Canada.  


Anyways, back to David. He is one of the greatest guys I have ever met! Seriously.  He is always the perfect gentleman every time I see him.  He talks to you and is interested in what you have to say.  We have had so many great times with Emily at devotionals, temple trips, and weekend night shenanigans.  


David is one of the most spiritual people I have ever met.  He is so in tune with the Spirit and is always looking for ways to help people.  I can't count the number of times I have called him and he will go on a walk with me and listen to me talk about whatever I am upset about.  He doesn't judge me but has given me such great advice about how to handle the issues that have come up.  


David is so sweet and he will be such a great missionary to the people of Brazil.  He is such a fantastic friend and I will miss him greatly but he will be serving the Lord and taking the Gospel to people who are looking for it.  That TOTALLY outweighs the missing feeling.  


Missionary work is FANTASTIC! I would not be here without it.  I am so proud of you David for wanting to serve the Lord. You are going to be an amazing missionary.


Thank you for choosing to serve a mission.  Thank you for devoting two years of your life to the Lord.  Thank you for being my friend,.  Even when I was stupid and made dumb choices, you never stopped being my friend and I am so grateful for that.  Thank you for holding the Priesthood and being worthy to exercise it.  Thank you for all the Temple trips we went on.  Thank you for always being there to listen to me and to give me advice and help me see things from a different perspective.  


Boa sorte! Você será um missionário fantástica!


Temple trips: One of my greatest memories with David.  I think he went with me to the Temple more than anyone else.  It is great going to the Temple with friends :) 

Awwww!

Now for the weird pictures.  
This one pretty much sums up our relationship xD

Yup.  We can't get the three of us to be normal in one picture. 

Ever. 

But it is so much better that way :) 







No comments: