Sunday, October 23, 2011

Whoah! We're Halfway There!

Why yes, we are officially over HALFWAY done with the fall semester here at BYU.  Crazy isn't it? It still feels like I just got here. This week was filled with activities, tests, papers, school, work, dates and pretty much everything else college related.

Monday: My gym class is over for the semester so I had an extra two hours to do homework! I went to the Wilk and studied for my History Exam and I was pleasantly surprised when a lovely guy named Ben came to eat lunch with me after he was done with work. :) After my second shift at work, I studied for about 30 or 45 minutes and went to the dreaded testing center.  This history exam was probably one of the worst exams I have ever taken.  It is among the ranks of my AP Chem mid-term my Junior year of high school. Yuck.  Ben had a group project he was working on and got done around the same time I did so he walked me home.  I did homework by myself until Ben was done with his FHE.  My FHE family had gone up the canyon for a bonfire and had left while I was taking my exam :( But it sounded like TONS of fun.  My roommates had a blast and I was happy for them :)

Tuesday: Devotional was lovely as always. After school and work, I went home and cleaned my little heart out.  Cleaning checks were in the morning and I had a lot to do.  After cleaning for a good 2 hours, my hands hurt but our apartment looked amazing. I went over to Ben's to do homework since my roommates were still cleaning their areas. I came home to people still cleaning and I went to bed with the smell of bleach and cleaning supplies filling my nose.

Wednesday: My Joseph Smith class was AMAZING! I love Sis. Black. She is such a fantastic teacher. Art was art.  I have a very strong dislike for that class.  But McKensey is in it with me so it is about a million times more bearable. My homework is to draw a chair. One of the requirements is to spend 2.5 hours on it.  How I am going to do that, I have no idea...but I'm sure I'll figure out something.  Anyways, while I was in art, I got a text from Ashley saying we passed cleaning checks! How exciting! :D After art, I ate lunch while listening to the strange piano guy in the Wilk play Tangled songs and studied for a New Testament quiz.  I rocked it.  After my quiz, I met up with McKensey to meet with the dreaded advisors in the Education department.  They are not the most helpful people in the world but I think we have everything figured out for our next semester.  We are going to end up taking many of the same classes together and I am so excited :D

Thursday: In Biology 100 we have been talking about genetics.  At the end of class we were instructed to follow a commandment: we were to consider the lilies.  My professor instructed us to put away all electronics (phones, iPods, laptops, everything) and "consider the lilies" for the last 10 minutes of class. He gave each one of us students a lilly and we pondered them.  It was actually really great (as weird as I thought it was...) I felt a lot more calm and peaceful.  So, I toted a lily around campus all day.  Everyone thought I had the most wonderful boyfriend (which I do) and then they found out that my flower was from biology.  I got plenty of strange looks.  It was great :) After work, Ben and I went to my apartment for a quick, delicious dinner prepared by Margaret and then we headed over to college student night at the BYU Women's soccer game.  We totally dominated 3-0.  After the game, I wrote a paper and did some readings followed by going to bed.
Here is my lily :)

Friday: Early morning Temple trip with Emily and her brother John.  Then I was off to work for 4 hours followed by a Jamba date with Alex and seeing Ben at work.  Alex and I chatted for a bit before I came home and Emily and I went grocery shopping.  After a lovely conversation with our bagger, we headed home and unloaded our purchases.  I showered, Emily and I checked the mail, she went to class, I laid in a pile and took a 10 minute power nap before making myself look presentable to the public eye.  I picked up Ben and we went to go get his sister, Anna and the three of us were off to Salt Lake to their sister's place for dinner, games and playing with her three adorable kids.  Dinner was delicious! The kids were so sweet! Ben taught them how to sword fight.  I got a kiss goodnight from the one and a half year old.  After the children were asleep, the adults played Settlers of Catan.  It was my first time playing so I was on a team with Ben and we lost.  Horribly.  Strategy games are not my forte. But we had a blast and it was fun to see Ben and Anna interact with their sister and brother-in-law.

Saturday: What a lovely day! First off, the weather was gorgeous! In the morning, Ben and I went up the canyon to Bridal Veil Falls to see the fall colors and we had a picnic lunch.  It was such a fun morning.  After that, we came back to Provo and went to the first three quarters of the football game.  Then Ben had to go to work and we were KILLING Idaho State so I didn't feel so bad about leaving.  Plus I was hungry and the entire left side of my face and neck as well as my left arm were very sunburnt. I came home and did some homework.  Emily and I went to Target to get stuff for our halloween costumes and we ate a delicious dinner made by McKensey.  Emily and I ran back to Michael's to get something else for her costume after dinner. I did some more homework and spent some time with Ben...doing homework (we are very exciting people, let me tell you....)





Sunday: Ward choir-AMAZING! We had a TON of guys come today and we sounded gorgeous. We are singing next week in sacrament meeting.  Hopefully it will go well.  I got a calling! I'm getting set apart next week so I'll let you know what I am then.  We got home taught tonight.  Our home teachers are wonderful! After they left, we went to ward prayer where our apartment introduced ourselves to everyone. The entire ward LOVED it! We introduced ourselves by comparing each one of us roommates to a Disney princess.  We got a lot of compliments on our presentation and lots of laughs. :) After Ward Prayer, my roommates along with Joseph (Margaret's fiance) and Ben played "What If?" and we laughed so much.  It was a blast! I love Sundays. :)

No comments: