Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tribute to Elder Judd

Sorry this is earlier than usual but I cannot sleep because I am so happy and excited.  (I won't be going to bed for a while ;)

After an awesome BYU victory over SDSU, a few of my friends and I went over to our other friend Alec's hall because...

HE GOT HIS MISSION CALL!!!!

It was super exciting to actually be there when he opened it!  We waited with great anticipation until his cousin/roommate/best friend/person-who-is-closer-than-a-brother Jordan came home from work (he works at the basketball games). After Jordan finally arrived, Alec opened his call.  Elder Judd will be serving in the Mexico, Tijuana Mission and reports to the MTC on June 1st.

This post is in honor of him :)

Alec is one of the greatest people you will ever meet! He is always willing to help and will be there in two minutes if you need him for something.  I can't even count the number of times when he as come over to give Heather or I a blessing or how many times he has walked me home from the library at night.  Alec was one of my first guy friends here at school.  It was so fantastic to have a guy friend around :) He has such a big, kind heart.  Alec has a strong testimony and loves the Lord.  He is such a wonderful friend and always puts a smile on my face when I see him :)  He is the first of my BYU guys to get his call, it is sort of scary to realize that they will all be gone next year! Luckily they will all be serving the Lord which makes it WAY easier to handle them being away.

Missionary work is such a wonderful thing! Without it, my mom would have never gotten baptized and I would not be here today.  I would not have gone to BYU and I would not have met Alec! I am so proud of him.  He kept saying tonight, "Why are you proud of me? What did I do?" You decided to serve a mission Alec! You are willing to give up two years of your life to the Lord!  You are going to be bringing people of Mexico the Gospel! You will make them so happy by sharing one of the greatest gifts that is on this earth today!

Thank you Alec Judd for wanting to be a missionary and wanting to serve the Lord.  Thank you for being my friend.

Te quiero Alec. Será un misionero fantástico.

 I LOVE this picture of Alec (on the left) and Jordan.  This was one of the first times I had been around Alec and the first time I met Jordan.  These two guys have probably one of the greatest relationships I have EVER seen in my entire life.  They are crazy and fun but they love each other so much.  It is so wonderful to see that they are best friends and so close. 

Yup, Alec is part of my little BYU family. 

Flowers always make me smile :)

Did I mention one of the other reasons why I love Alec? He makes the BEST bacon I have ever had.  It was so good! I told this to my littlest brother and when he comes out for Spring Break, he wants to challenge Alec to a bacon throw-down.  We'll see if that happens ;)

 Elder Judd
I can't write that without smiling :)

No comments: