Monday, April 2, 2012

General Conference

I have been waiting all week for General Conference.  It is one of the happiest weekends of the year :) Before I tell you how amazing Conference was I should probably tell you the boring parts of my week first...

Monday: It hit me that we only have two and a half weeks of classes left! It was time to start kicking it into high gear to finish all of my projects and assignments. Work and classes were fine.  Ben and I got a good start on our advertising project.

Tuesday: Marriage Prep was interesting.  Work and my dance class were fine.  Dinner with Ben was good and my 201 class made me super excited to be an elementary teacher and so glad to be LDS.  After class, I went grocery shopping with Ben and Anna and we stopped at Yogurtland on the way home.  :)

Wednesday: My classes were fine.  I did not go to work because I had a lot of homework and projects to work hard on.  I got a ton done and was starting to not feel as stressed. Institute was good and afterwards, Ben and I played Mario Kart because we couldn't do anymore homework.

Thursday: My classes were fine.  Work was good.  My old supervisor came and brought her baby! She was so excited to hear that I am engaged :) I got out of dance early so I wrote my final lesson plan for that class and finished some readings for my 201 class before walking home with Ben after ASL.  Ben got offered an internship in DC for this summer!! Woohoo!!! AND he also got a legal internship here in Provo in the fall! Yay! We went on a date to see BYU's Folk Dance Ensemble.  It was so cool.  The dances and music and costumes were just amazing. Afterwards, we went and got Creamery ice cream.  And it was delicious.

Friday: Easily the craziest day I've had in a while.  I woke up and went to school with Ben to do homework for a few hours.  I left at 10:30 to go up to Sandy to have a physical done for my summer job.  I was there for over 2 hours. I didn't leave until almost 2:00.  I was supposed to be back in Provo to pick up Ben at 2:30 but traffic was awful so I didn't get back until close to 2:45.  We ate a quick lunch and then headed to Riverton to meet with a designer for our wedding invitations.  More horrible traffic but a really good meeting with the designer.  Traffic was still awful on the way back to Provo but we made it in time to go to my roommate's flute recital.  Becca did such a great job! She is amazing and so very talented. :) After her recital, Ben and I made dinner and started packing for General Conference weekend.

Saturday: We left Provo at 5:20 am to go up to Salt Lake to wait in the standby line for Conference.  We didn't get in :( but we watched it in the Tabernacle.  The talks were so good! I absolutely loved President Packer's talk.  There were definitely things in that talk that I really needed to hear. :) After the morning session, Ben and I re-created our first date and had a picnic lunch on the lawn in front of the Temple.  We walked around Temple Square taking pictures.  The weather was so gorgeous and warm and sunny and perfect! After that we went to Amy's house to watch the second session.  We got to play with the boys and had a delicious dinner.  Ben went to Priesthood and I talked with Amy and her friend while the kids played. Ben got back and we left for Highland to spend the night at my grandparents'.

 Waiting in the standby line :)



 Aren't the flowers gorgeous?



Sunday: I woke up and Ben and I had breakfast with my family and watched Conference with them :) In between sessions we ate lunch and Ben worked on my grandparents' printer (his favorite ;). After the second session we had dinner with my grandparents, aunt and her family, and Bridger. My cousins and grandpa made a cake that was super yummy. Apparently it was made for me and Ben.  My cousins even drew pictures and sang a song to accompany the cake.

We are thinking this will be our wedding cake.
What do you think? ;)

No comments: